Submitted by alvin on Thu, 2017-03-09 11:48 Tumakuru: Three children of Vidhyavaridhi Residential School died of suspected food poisoning at Huliyaru in Tumakuru district on Thursday. The deceased have been identified as Shreyas, Akanksha Pallakki and Shantamurthy. While Akanksha and Shantamurthy were studying in X standard, Shreyas was in class VIII. Another class VIII student Sudarshan and a security guard Ramesh too have taken ill and are being treated at the hospital. Their condition is said to be critical. Parents of the deceased children who rushed to the school were inconsolable. They were cursing school administration. It is learnt that the students were served chapati, a side dish made of beetroot and rice and sambar on Tuesday night. The school is run by former legislator Kiran Kumar's wife Kavitha, it is said. Deputy Commissioner KP Mohan Raj visited the hospital and is taking stock of the situation. Meanwhile, Huliyaru police have taken former legislator Kiran Kumar into custody.