Submitted by alvin on Thu, 2016-08-04 15:47 Bengaluru: Barely two days after his son Rakesh’s funeral, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah resumed his work on Wednesday and held an emergency review meeting at his office. Visibly concerned over the flash-flood-like situation that Bengaluru witnessed last week, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah directed the BBMP officials to clear encroachment by Friday. Going through the reports of encroachment of lake, tank bed, storm water drains in areas like Duo Layout, Anugraha Layout, and Akshay Nagar, Siddaramaiah equally blamed the officials for the mess. He directed BBMP Comissioner Manjunath Prasad to clear the encroachment and asked City Police Comissioner N S Megharik to provide necessart security arrangements. Chief Minister further said that a detailed report on encroachment and those responsible for it be submitted to additional chief secretary, urban development in three days. When Mayor BN Manjunath Reddy pointed out about a stay order brought by encroachers, chief minister asked him to do whatever necesary to protect BBMP properties. However, he also said that the advocate general has filed objections to the stay order and once the court gives clearance, encroachments could be cleared in other areas. On the occasion, Siddaramaiah announced Rs 150 crore to address rain-related emergencies.