Submitted by Rashmi on Fri, 2016-12-16 20:08 Bengaluru: A tusker was electrocuted in Kanakpura, Ramanagara district, 55 kms away from Bengaluru city. The tusker, aged about 40 years, reportedly ventured into the village of Madegowdanadoddi on Thursday midnight in search of food. But tragically, the elephant was electrocuted when it came in contact with a high tension power cable in the farm land owned by a man identified as Nagesh. "The solar fencing was also connected to a power cable from nearby high tension wire. The jumbo would have come into contact with the 440 KW cable connected to solar fencing and died," said Manjunath Deputy Conservator of Forest. Sources said that the farm owner had been drawing power illegally. A case reportedly has been registered against the owner. Sathnur range forest officer and a veterinarian from animal husbandry department are conducting postmortem on the dead elephant and a report is expected in a day of two.