Submitted by alvin on Mon, 2016-07-04 20:07 Bengaluru: The grisly details behind the brutal assault on three school boys by a gang of men in Hoskote on June 30 came out during a hearing at the Karnataka State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (KSCPCR).After recording the statements of the victims and their families, Kripa Alva, Chairperson, KSCPCR, said the children who had been “stripped, subjected to electric shock and battered” were “suspected to have stolen cash” from one of the accused identified as Noorudin.Terming the act as “barbaric and inhumane”, she said the ordeal for the boys started when they went in search of their cricket ball in their neighbour’s compound “After finding it, they trespassed into Noorudin’s property. From them on, the accused’s family had been questioning the children about the theft. Finally on June 30, the children were forcefully taken, stripped and tortured," she said.Following the incident, cases under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act) 2012 and a kidnap case have been filed against accused, she observed.Kripa Alva said the three boys – two of them aged 14 and one 16 years of age - were kidnapped and tortured. First, a 14-year-old boy, a painter, was picked up on his way to work, followed by another 14-year-old boy, who was drawn out of his school and kidnapped in a car. A 16-yr-old boy, who sold cucumbers for a living, was kidnapped last.“As there was public movement, the accused took the three boys to a nearby ground, stripped them and beat them,” she said.“We were fasting and were very tired. We begged them, but they continued their assault for hours. We limped home with wounds and pain. Villagers saw and helped us reach home. Later a complaint was filed,” said a victim.Shamshad begum, mother of one of the victims, said, “There is pressure from religious leaders of our local area to withdraw the complaint. One of the arrested person’s father is member in the mosque. He is exerting pressure to take back our complaint.”Abdul Azeez, a daily wage labourer, whose son was kidnapped and assaulted, said, “My son was kidnapped and tortured, and people are asking us to compromise. We will go by law and want the accused to be punished.”Initially, the police failed to register a case and tried to hush it up. Following media outrage, a sub-inspector and two constables were suspended for dereliction of duty.Kripa Alva said she will also summon the jurisdictional police to depose before the commission.“A notice has been sent to school from where one of the victims was kidnapped during school hours. We have asked the Hoskote police to speed up the investigation and file a report,” she added.