Submitted by Editor on Thu, 2016-02-18 21:27 Shivamogga: At least three persons are reported to be trapped inside the control room after a major fire broke out at Sharavathi Power Generation Station in Jog, Shivamogga District. No casualties have been reported yet. The fire broke out around 5.30 pm on Thursday following a short circuit in the control room of the Sharavathi Power Generation Station. Rescue operations post fire dousing attempts got complicated after the entire area was engulfed in thick smoke. The station, which is one of the oldest power generating stations in India, generates around 1000 MW of power per day. The generating station was recently renovated and upgraded with equipment imported from the US, Canada, France and Japan.