Fire scare at Kalaburagi District Government Hospital; no one hurt

Fire scare at Kalaburagi District Government Hospital; no one hurt

Submitted by Editor on Wed, 2016-03-23 23:59 Bengaluru/Kalaburagi: An accidental fire broke out at the Sick New Born Unit [SNCU] of Kalaburagi District Government Hospital at 2pm on Wednesday. According to preliminary information, an electrical short circuit is being cited as the probable cause of the fire. District Surgeon of District Government Hospital Dr. Nalini Namoishi said power was immediately switched off in the hospital after the fire was spotted and the matter was informed to the fire department. Two fire tenders rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire within 30 min. Dr. Nalini said all the 26 new-born babies were shifted to KBN Hospital, Sangameshwara Hospital and Basaveshwara Hospital in the city and all of them were in good health.   The district surgeon said 8 air-conditioners at SNCU had been damaged, with one of them being completely gutted.  On the instructions of Kalaburagi deputy commissioner, electrical inspectors have started probing the cause of the fire. It would take some time to open SNCU as we have to see which instruments were damaged and the extent to which they were damaged. We have to procure new equipments, said the district surgeon.  Kalaburagi Deputy Commissioner Vipul Bansal, IGP (Northeast Range) B. Shivakumar and SP Amit Singh visited the hospital.