Fire breaks out at Gopalan Mall; no injuries reported

Fire breaks out at Gopalan Mall; no injuries reported

Submitted by Editor on Mon, 2016-02-01 21:23 Bengaluru: There was mild panic at the Gopalan Arcade Mall, located on Mysuru Road, on Monday morning after a fire broke out in the ground floor near the McDonald’s restaurant.But the fire, which was noticed at 10.30am, later spread to the first floor as well. But it was doused by the fire and emergency services employees by 1.20 pm.According to fire and emergency services employees, there was a lack of fire safety in the mall. The department said mall owners would be served a notice over the matter.Bfirst had recently reported as to how many of the city’s tech parks and public buildings were virtual deathtraps owing to their lack of fire safety measures.Thankfully, nobody was injured in the incident.