Submitted by Newseditor on Fri, 2015-11-13 20:39 Bengaluru: V Ugrappa, Chairman, Expert Committee on Atrocities against Women inspected the Cubbon Park, where the alleged gang rape of a women had taken place on Wednesday night and chaired a meeting with Cubbon park police. Later briefing media said, “Since the security guards and drivers are migrating from other states and rural areas, it is very difficult to monitor them. The Committee is planning to demand the State Government to introduce back ground verification of every security guard and drivers in Bengaluru. Even a police verification must be made to curb such anti-social elements,” he said. Two security guards of a private outsourcing company deployed at Bengaluru’s Cubbon Park were arrested by the city police after they were accused of gang rape by a 34-year-old-woman on Thursday. The alleged rape incident came to light when a policeman spotted the woman in the park on Wednesday night after 10 PM. While the police questioned her being there at that time, the woman alleged that she had been raped by two security guards of Cubbon Park. Victim, who hails from Tumkur district in Karnataka claimed that she had gone to the tennis club in the park on Wednesday. Recalling the alleged rape case he said, “Two security guards from Assam, who had joined Pawan Security Agency in Bengaluru have committed the crime and even the police have confirmed the rape. Now the victim is under medical care in a hospital and medical test of accused and victim is done on the same day,” he said. Answering the question of press persons on Home Minister’s action he said,” G Parameshwara and K J George have been stringent in curbing such issues and there will be no compromise with the criminals,” he stated. Ugrappa on a spot visit to the crime spot where the gangrape allegedly was committed. Ugrappa addressing the media persons.