Fire Breaks out Near Wedding Hall

Fire Breaks out Near Wedding Hall

Submitted by Newseditor on Mon, 2016-01-11 21:55 Mangaluru: A wedding ceremony almost turned into a cremation ground in a hall near the Kadri park around Sunday noon. Hundreds of guests who had gathered there were panic striken. It is suspected that the fire was caused by a passerby who may have thrown a burning cigarette or bidi on a heap of dry leaves by the side of the road. The flames that emanated from it spread closer towards the hall in no time. Although it was not likely that the gathering would have been affected, an atmosphere of fear and panic prevailed for some time. The fire service arrived from Kadri Kuntikana and extinguished it.